||Minutes of September meeting
Held on Tuesday 21st September 2004 in Castletown Drill Hall at 7:30pm
E. Geddes, D. Swanson, M. Cormack, A. Hill, A. Swanson, I. Moodie
J. Crowden, I. Calder.
MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING AND MATTERS ARISING
The minutes of the last meeting held on 19th August 2004 were read and
agreed as a true record.
3/ PROPOSED NEW BASKETBALL/ SPORTS AREA.
No further forward.
4/ VILLAGE OFFICER UPDATE.
Still waiting for West End to be rolled.
Repair of Notice Board again discussed as were the proposed opening from
the Car Park onto the Main Street opposite Mace Shop and new street name
Concern was raised about salmon fishing nets over Heritage Path.
Mention was made of the possibility of acquiring top soil from Scottish
Water when the new sewage plant starts.
Action A.M, I.M.
BTCV along with volunteers from UKAEA will carry out work on the path
to the Quarry Face on 29th & 30th September.
5/ CASTLEHILL HARBOUR TRUST.
Nothing to report. I.Morris has offered the use of machinery.
6/SCOTTISH WATER: WASTE WATER TREATMENT.
Fact sheet passed to all present. Information day was a success. Most
people were happy with the proposals. Quality of water was a concern with
all who attended. Bottles of Spring water are being delivered to
complainants. Advice given- everyone pass on their complaints.
7/ WIND FARMS.
Heard nothing from D P Energy.
Letters received were discussed and noted as follows:
- Out of Hours N.H.S 24 Caring for you Highland Health Council. Phone
at anytime of day or night.
- Highland Archaeology Week. 9-17 October.
- Heritage Walk. 10am 25th September.
- Local Governments Boundary Commission.
- NHS Dentists. What has happened to proposed Dentist School?
- BT Phone Box Closures. 240 Payphones. Remove 108. Retain 88
profitable 44 non- profit. No real objections to closures in our area.
If remaining retain coin boxes.
- Highland and Island Fire Brigade Control Room closures. Total
opposition. Write to MPS. MSPS. etc.
- Dornoch Community Council re Rail Crossing, in favour of, will keep
- Maternity Service. Public meetings in various places throughout
Caithness. Suggestion to invite representative from NHS Highland to a
- Rapsons re bus services. Awaiting response.
- Scottish Executive. Guidelines on wind farms.
- Highland Council Agendas.
- Wham Special Edition- Highland Waste.
- Orange Network Newsletter.
- Peter Peacock re Nuclear Waste Questionnaire. Results.
- Planning Aid for Scotland.
- UKAEA Today.
- Highland Stroke Newsletter.
- Post Watch Scotland.
- Highland Council Wellbeing Alliance.
- Scottish Water Consultation Policy.
- Highland Council Affordable Housing and Community Ownership.
- Friends of the Far North Line- Subscription 2004- 2005 due. £12.
Being no further business the date for the next meeting was set for
Tuesday 19th October 2004 at 7:30pm in the Castletown Drill Hall.
The meeting closed at 21:00hrs.